Holographic, mixed reality computing is the next disruption after the smart phone. If diving into this new, unexplored territory sounds like your kind of adventure, then we want to talk to you.
It is important that what we do be exciting and innovative, but meaningful as well. Through our work, we seek to raise awareness and empathy, connect people and protect our planet.
We are interested in collaborating with passionate, creative, and technically experienced makers. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position you’d be most interested in applying for in the subject line.
LOOOK is based in Seattle, WA.
As Technical Artist you are responsible for turning a project’s artistic vision into reality. This is accomplished through the creation of artist-driven workflows, powerful, new shaders and rendering techniques, content optimization pipelines, and innovative real-time visual effects.
The ideal candidate is inventive, loves to build new things and experiment with new techniques and cutting edge technology.
- Responsible for identifying, implementing or inventing the correct technical approach to be able to render the Art Director’s vision on target.
- Be a positive and creative force in the team.
- Provide unique solutions to improve the creative process in a collaborative environment.
- Support the content creation teams with advanced content features, shaders, animation pipeline support and pipelines to aid generation and implementation.
- Actively research and stay on the cutting edge of computer graphics, rendering, virtual and augmented reality.
- Mentor artists in best practices, processes, and procedures pertaining to production pipelines and workflows while maintaining the defined production process.
- 4+ years as professional artist or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of at least one current generation console, PC or VR title as a Technical Artist.
- Clear understanding of optimization and performance on high speed and low speed hardware.
- Proficient with standard tools like Maya - or equivalent program - with a high capacity to learn new tools and processes.
- Experience with shaders, skeletons and animation.
- Proficient with modern scripting languages like Python and Jscript. C++, PHP and SQL would be a bonus.
- Self-motivated and comfortable dealing with the ambiguity of V1 and incubation work.
- Passion for games, technology, and/or amazing user experiences as well as an understanding of industry trends and technologies.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of efficient workflows and pipelines.
- Unity 3D expertise a big plus.
- Communicate and collaborate well with a highly creative development team.
Email email@example.com with “Technical Artist” in the subject line of your email. Online portfolio review required for consideration. Please include a link to your portfolio along with you resume.